I find it tragic that so many people are walking around whilst extremely overweight and then whine about how they cant lose the weight. From children up to adults, people somehow lost focus about the basic needs of their bodies and how they are supposed to take care of them. You have the individual who claims they have a “glandular problem”, you have the defeatist who claims that “it’s no use” when it comes to losing the weight, and the most disturbing individual is a parent who defends his/her eating habits as passed to their children. Ever notice how the children of fat parents are also overweight? This is because the parent has never learned the principles of nutrition and they have prepared unhealthy foods and/or served these foods in unhealthy amounts.
So, what does “learning the principles of nutrition” mean? It certainly does NOT mean that you have to take a class or go to a school or read a book. You already were born with the knowledge of what to eat and your body already signals when it wants you to eat. Are you in tune with these signals? First, you have to remove yourself from the pattern you have already established. Be willing to try something different, be willing to sacrifice some thing in order to gain other things. At the end of your efforts, you will be in a spot where you can either continue applying what you have learned, or giving up and going back to what you were doing. And back to the weight.
So, where do you start?
Without getting specific (yet), you can start with these basic principles when choosing foods to eat:
- The closest to the natural state a food is, the better it is for you. Each step of changing any food from one form to another, even if just by cutting it, is a step in PROCESSING. The fewer steps in processing before you receive the food, the better the food is for you.
- Humans should not be drinking cow’s milk or the milk of any other species of animal. Dairy should be limited in all forms, but milk should be avoided at all costs.
- Real food does not come in a box.
- Fresh food cannot come from a can.
- Processed sugar was never meant to exist and your body is not designed to process it. Excess processed sugars make you fat and endanger your health.
- Processed white flour has little or no nutritional value, and provides empty carbohydrates which cause the rapid and persistent storage of fat on the body.
- Water is the purest beverage, and is the basis for every beverage you drink. Start with water at all times and add flavor from natural sources.
Think its hard? It is, but only for a couple of days. The success of your efforts are measurable and you can weigh them on a scale. Your health will dramatically improve and your mental state will become more attuned to things happening around you.